Privacy Notice and Policy
Last Updated December 2nd, 2020
- We do not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Information you provide us with in connection with your use of the Platform is stored, collected, and used in connection with your and your organization’s use of the Platform.
- Any personal information you provide is protected by reasonable security measures.
- Non-personal information on how you use the Platform may be automatically collected and stored.
- Unless you authorize us in advance, we do not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information to any third party unless required by law.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.PERSONAL INFORMATION VOLUNTARILY SUBMITTED
If you choose to provide us with personal information, we may use that information to provide with the services associated with the Platform, respond to you, and/or get you the help, information, feedback, or services you requested. We retain the information you voluntarily provide to us only for as long as necessary to provide you with the Platform services and/or respond to your question or request, in most cases no longer than three months, or in the case of access to the Platform, as long as needed to provide you with access to and use of the Platform.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED AND STORED
When you use the Platform, we use analytics tools to gather and temporarily store a variety of information about your use. The basic information we collect during your visit includes:
- The name of the domain you use to access the Internet
- The location, date and time of your use of the Platform
- The content and features you have used on the Platform
- The type and version of your Web browser and operating system
We may aggregate this data in order to improve the Platform. The aggregate data is available only to our designated team members who require this information to perform their duties. It is retained only for as long as needed for proper analysis.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal and other information in the following ways:
- With your employer or contractor who has a paid for use of the Platform
- With our team members who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- If needed to protect rights, property and/or safety, or if needed to respond to the request of law enforcement in cases where we believe disclosure is required and/or in accordance with law
- As requested or directed by you
The Platform may only be used only by educators that have obtained and verified all required parental consent. It cannot be used by children under the age of 18, other than in connection with a teacher's authorized use of the Platform. Teachers who use the Platform have the option to enter, store, and use the first and last name, and student ID (not SSN), of their students who may be under the age of 13. This information is entered only by authorized teacher users of the Platform, and not collected directly by us. We do not disclose any such personal information to any third parties, or use it other than in connection with a teacher's authorized use of the Platform. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and would like to request that this personal information regarding your child be updated or deleted, or if you’d like to prevent further use of that information on the Platform, please contact us at: 800-321-7585 or at www.winsorlearning.com. We will respond to such a request within 30 days of our receipt of the request.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, and disclosure. For Platform security purposes, we use software to monitor traffic to identify unauthorized use. In the event of law enforcement investigations and as part of any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual.CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this policy from time to time. When we do, we revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this page. We encourage you to check this page periodically for any changes. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this policy periodically and become aware of modifications.CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this policy, or your experience with the Platform, or want to notify us of anything, please contact us at: 800-321-7585 or at www.winsorlearning.com